Lakeside Massage School Licensing and Certification
How do I apply for state licensing in Wisconsin?
State of Wisconsin
Department of Regulation and Licensing
http://drl.wi.gov/index.htm - follow the prompts to Health Service Profession, Massage Therapy and Bodywork, Application.
Once you have taken the National Certification Exam, send the National Exam Score Report request form to Pearson Vue and they will forward your NCE score report to the State of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing.
- Download and print an application for Massage Therapy and Bodywork.
- You may purchase the Administrative Code booklet from the State of WI to help you answer the test questions. This may also be viewed online for test-taking.
- You must provide proof of malpractice liability insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000 with your application (the liability insurance is provided through AMTA).
- The Department of Regulation and Licensing also requires form #2415 to be completed by the school. Please write your information at the top of the form where indicated, remove this form from the application packet, and give it to Administration. Lakeside will complete the educational information and send the form directly to the Department of Regulation and Licensing.
- Include payment in the amount of $132 with the application.
Mail completed application packet to:
State of Wisconsin
Department of Regulation & Licensing
PO Box 8935
Madison, WI 53708-8935
- The state’s exam (called a juris prudence exam) is taken online. Once the Department of Regulation and Licensing processes your application, you will be given instructions on how to access the online test. This is your state exam. Follow all instructions the DRL gives for taking the state exam.
- For additional instructions go to http://drl.wi.gov/prof/mass/cred.htm.
Looking for other options? See our Massage Therapy Continuing Education information for details.